Monday, June 27, 2011

New WIZARD book





Johnny picked this up for me the other day at Spoonbill and already, it's been blowing my mind. Total weirdo-herbal-zone (compared to my normal practices as a DIY herbalist), but what else could you expect from the title? Signed by the author, Richard Alan Miller, it comes complete with a personal dedication to the book's first owner. 
Strangely enough, it was "published with the approval of the O.T.O.," otherwise known as the Ordo Templi Orientis. From a little bit of research, it seems like wildman occultist, Aleister Crowley, was involved with this group and that it's some kind of hybrid of Freemasonry and the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn. Crazy-ass book for crazy-ass people like myself! Bring it, Rick! 
If I can make it through the end without joining some kind of secret society, perhaps I'll write a full book review and post it. Otherwise, if you see one in a second-hand store, make sure to pick it up for your collection. It's a definite "must have" for anyone interested in the "unconventional" side of herbalism.

No comments: